Aug 22, 2008

UniSA Changed My Life


Vandana and Dr Ruth Geer: graduation photo, August 14th, 2008

Vandana commenced the Masters of Teaching degree at Mawson Lakes mid-year in 2006.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank UniSA for making a difference in my life. I studied Masters of Teaching course from UniSA at Mawson Lakes Campus. I came to Australia and did a two year program which helped me to become a teacher. The support and encouragement I got from my teachers and Learning Connection was just unbelievable. I am currently working as a Home Economics Teacher at Findon High School for a semester. This course really changed my life and helped me to explore myself as a person. The course is well designed for International student to adapt their teaching skills to cater for the demands of Australian schools.

When I reflect back at my uni days, I think that I have come a long way. When I started my studies in July, 2006 I struggled to learn about the very basic things like accessing books through the catalogue or making assignments but Learning Connection helped me to make my way. I ended up getting 3 distinctions in a row in my first semester. Moreover, my Program Director Dr. Ruth Geer is a charasmatic person and the way she understands and support International students make a big difference. I am really proud to be a part of UniSA and will always remain grateful that it provided me a platform to explore my abilities and to establish myself as a good teacher like my role model 'Ruth'. I think that I have miles to go ....

1 comment:

indychin said...

Hi Vandana
I feel really privileged that you posted a photo of you 7 me at your graduation. I was so excited as I'm sure you were when you walked across the stage to receive your parchment. You really worked hard & certainly deserved the award. Congratulations and all the best for whatever lies ahead. It has been a privilege having you in the program. i have also learned a lot from you.
Well done 7 once again congratulations
cheers Ruth